This privacy statement governs your use of this website; by using this website, you accept this privacy statement in full. If you disagree with the privacy statement or any part of the privacy statement, you must not use this website.
For the purposes of these documents and others, as amended from time to time, the following terms are used:
The terms “Us”, “We”, “Our”, “Us” regardless of capitalisation refer to the owners of www.carolinemburns.com including any substrate nor of this site including to any sub-domain, high-end connection method such as any connection through https/html2/html5/html5+ or any further adaptations or such iterations or combinations that are available to the website or websites carolinemburns.com as may change from time to time. In no way does the use construe the owners any responsibility for third or multi-party privacy requirements, nor does it provide any obligation upon us provide any further obligation.
“You”, “Your” and any standard English words relating to these words refer to the person or entity who is accessing this website.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
You should also read our Website Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
It is important that you read and understand both documents.
Credit – This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com. We are required to place this credit notice by SEQ Legal LLP. who are not our legal representatives.
Personal information collection
We may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send to you products that you purchase (if any);
- supply to you services that you purchase (if any);
- send to you statements and invoices(if any);
- collect payments from you (if any);
- send you email or social media notifications which you have specifically requested; and
- manage or otherwise address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Where we disclose your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website are protected by encryption technology.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to a purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, Singapore, or Canada.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our hosting provider’s secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the applicable laws in Singapore.
You must supply appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept:
- a photocopy of your passport certified by a lawyer or bank;
- an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address; and
- you acknowledge that we may request additional information from you.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can do this through our contact mechanism here.